Save on Postage
These tips can save you postage.
- Lighten your mail by using lightweight paper, fewer pages. Try narrower margins and smaller fonts. Also, both sides of paper may be utilized either in typing or printing. A rule of thumb is that four sheets of paper and a #10 envelope is about one ounce.
- Place all items going to the same address into one container to take advantage of lower postage costs.
- Use postcards when possible.
- Make sure your mail is rectangular, 3-1/2″ by 5″ smallest to 6-1/8″ by 11-1/2″ and no more than 1/4″ thick to avoid a surcharge.
- Determine if mailing the piece is really necessary. You might want to phone or fax it.
- Use Priority Mail instead of Overnight Expedited.
- Do not use Overnight Mail Service on Fridays unless you know that someone will be there to except it on Saturday